Tuesday 7 June 2011

math & bees & reflecting on place...

an exciting day in the garden...


Leanna & Natasha woke up with the sun to drive to Delta and move our new bee friends into their very beautiful new home (designed and painted by Chessa).  We are very excited to have honey bees in the garden and need to continue planting more bee forage for them.

On the north side of the garden, I was returning to my rusty math skills as I worked out Josh's beautiful design for our Chinese Market Garden.  Who says it's difficult to teach math in the garden?  There's so much to draw from...


And tonight I was excited to bring my Environmental Ed. Theory class into the garden to explore Place-Based Ecological Education.  So beautiful to see graduate students scattered throughout the beds sketching, tasting, writing, and reflecting on food, land, and memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment