Thursday 3 October 2013

Goodbye harvest celebration October 16

Since 2005, students have been gardening, teaching, and learning in The Orchard Garden behind the MacMillan building on the UBC campus. In 2014, however, construction will begin on the site and the garden will have to move either to a temporary or permanent home elsewhere.

Please join us in saying goodbye to a vibrant, lively, and profoundly significant aspect of our campus landscape in our third and final annual Harvest Celebration at The Orchard Garden on October 16 from 1:00pm-3:00pm.

Students, staff, faculty, family, friends, alumni are all welcome. There will be food, apple cider pressing, music, speeches, garden tours, and more!

RSVP: theorchardgarden.info@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. A comment sent to me by email from a garden alumni, now school garden coordinator: Oh this makes me so sad :(
    Such good memories and experiences in that place.
    I really don't think I'd be where I am now without all of you and all of what that patch of land had to give.
    I hope the celebration is a good one and that you go out with a bang and that of course you find another spot on campus to start again at some point. Please pass on my love to all.

    ReplyDelete